FRP composite materials and their applications
In this article, we discuss FRP composite materials and their applications. To buy and know the price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy and antifreeze grout, etc., you can contact Shimi Abadgaran Company. Call.
- 1 FRP composite materials and their applications
- 2 Materials used as fibers in FRP composites
- 3 Materials used as polymers in FRP composites
- 4 Production of FRP composite materials
- 5 The following methods are used to create FRP composite materials depending on the type of component being created:
- 6 Properties of FRP composites
- 7 Some of the most important features of FRP composites are as follows:
- 8 Properties of FRP materials
- 9 (1) Elasticity and malleability.
- 10 (2) Corrosion resistance and durability
- 11 (3) self-respect
- 12 (4) coefficient of thermal expansion and elastic aspect
- 13 (5) Other aspects
- 14 Purchase and price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy grout and antifreeze company Shimi Abadgaran
- 15 the address of Central office
- 16 Address of Shahriar factory
FRP composite materials and their applications
What is Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP)? What are the materials used as fibers and polymers in FRP? Read on to know more.
Fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) (also known as fiber-reinforced polymer) is a composite material made from a fiber-reinforced polymer matrix.
Composites are created as an alternative material system for traditional materials such as steel, wood, aluminum and concrete.
Bakelite was the first fiber reinforced plastic.
Materials used as fibers in FRP composites
Glass, carbon, basalt or aramid and sometimes fibers such as paper, wood or asbestos are also used.
Materials used as polymers in FRP composites
The polymer used is usually an epoxy plastic, vinyl ester or thermoset polyester, or phenol formaldehyde resin.
Production of FRP composite materials
FRP consists of two distinct processes, the first is the process in which the fibrous material is formed and formed, the second is the process in which the fibrous material is bonded to the matrix during molding.
The following methods are used to create FRP composite materials depending on the type of component being created:
- The pultrusion process is used to create regular and uniformly shaped FRP composites such as rods, beams, and bars. The fibers are drawn through a heated steel mold to form the required shape after being saturated with resin and stretched.
- String winding: This method is mostly used to make parts of tanks and pipes. Long strands of fiber soaked in resin are wrapped around the mold to create the right shape.
- Manual lamination: Hand lamination is a low-cost technology used to create complex shapes such as boat hulls and airplane fuselages. On a mold, the fibers are placed in a cloth that is then moistened with resin.
- Vacuum injection: Vacuum injection molding is used to create FRP components that are extremely light. To increase the penetration of resin into fiber fabric, FRP components are vacuum bagged with resin and fiber.
Properties of FRP composites
The fiber component of an FRP composite usually accounts for the bulk of the material’s strength. The function of the matrix is to accommodate the fibers and distribute the forces between them. For example, fiberglass, which often comes in the form of woven fabric or fiber mats, is stronger by weight than steel. When mixed with epoxy resin, the resulting glass fiber composite is light, stiff and strong.
Some of the most important features of FRP composites are as follows:
- Super light
- Strong tensile capacity
- Corrosion and water resistance
- Resistance to electrical conductivity
- Resistance to chemical compounds
- Tolerance under ultraviolet rays
Properties of FRP materials
Because different fibers have different chemical compositions, their performance characteristics are different. Common FRP materials such as glass fiber, carbon fiber, aramid fiber also have different characteristics in practical applications.
(1) Elasticity and malleability.
Compared with the steel bar, this FRP material has more obvious tensile strength, the strength is 50 times stronger than steel, the use of FRP material has a more obvious effect on weight reduction. According to relevant research reports, it can be seen that the tensile strength of FRP is within the range of tensile strength, there will be no obvious deformation, there will be no bad formability of the situation, so it can be known that the FRP material is relatively in tensile strength. Strong, poor ductility.
(2) Corrosion resistance and durability
FRP material is more resistant to corrosion than steel, it can withstand the corrosion of all kinds of acid, alkali and other environments, it has good resistance to chemical corrosion. In contrast, traditional civil engineering materials have poor corrosion resistance, are vulnerable to various chemical erosion, are not suitable for improving the life of the structure, and the maintenance cost of the structure is relatively high. Especially in highly corrosive condition, it is easier to shorten the life cycle of the structure. FRP material has many advantages in this respect and has a unique effect in maintaining the quality of engineering structures.
Since the density of FRP material is much lower than the density of steel, it is suitable for various construction conditions and environments. Therefore, in civil engineering constructions, in order to reduce labor costs and labor intensity, this material is generally used. It can guarantee the quality of the project, reduce the cost of the project, and in retrofitting the old building, the advantages of using FRP materials are more visible.
(4) coefficient of thermal expansion and elastic aspect
FRP materials in civil engineering construction should be mixed with concrete, because the coefficient of thermal expansion between the two is close, there will not be a relatively large temperature difference, the mixture will solidify easily, after solidification, there will be no cracks due to . At the same time, FRP materials have a lower elastic modulus compared to steel bars due to internal temperature differences.
(5) Other aspects
FRP material also has some shortcomings. Due to more manufacturing and processing processes, its price is high. At the same time, the material is not good enough in fire resistance, vertical fiber strength and elastic mold. Although this product has obvious advantages such as insulation, heat insulation, etc., it often cannot play a role in every occasion.
Purchase and price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy grout and antifreeze company Shimi Abadgaran
With more than two decades in the field of production of chemical products for the construction industry, Abadgaran Chemical Company, in addition to producing more than a hundred types of construction chemical products, has a history of cooperation in implementation and consulting in large national, personal and corporate projects. Shimi Abadgaran Company has a large share in construction chemical products and has more than fifty production forces and laboratories. These are only a part of the extensive cooperation of chemical growers during these years. To buy and know the price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, rebar planting adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete repairer, epoxy and antifreeze grout and polymer mortars, anti-acid mortar, super lubricant and concrete repairer. , epoxy grout, anti-acid mortar, etc. You can contact Shimi Abadgaran company.