Cement vs. Epoxy vs. Polyester
In this article, we discuss cement vs. epoxy resin vs. polyester. To buy and know the price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy and antifreeze grout, etc., you can contact Shimi Abadgaran company.
- 1 Cement vs. Epoxy vs. Polyester
- 2 What does precision grout do?
- 3 What factors determine which type of grout you need?
- 4 1. The size of the base plate
- 5 The size of the base plate determines the usage method:
- 6 2. Loading
- 7 dynamic:
- 8 static:
- 9 3. Dimensional stability
- 10 Grouts must not be collected:
- 11 4. Resistance to chemicals
- 12 5. Durability
- 13 6. Effective bearing area
- 14 6. منطقه تحمل موثر
- 15 7. Return to service
- 16 8. Gap size
- 17 Purchase and price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy grout and antifreeze company Shimi Abadgaran
- 18 the address of Central office
- 19 Address of Shahriar factory
Cement vs. Epoxy vs. Polyester
Equipment and machinery that have exact tolerances for alignment or require uniform support cannot be placed directly on finished concrete surfaces. Both the concrete surface and the machine base have irregularities that lead to leveling problems and bearing load concentration.
For this reason, the bases or soles of the machines are leveled with shimming or other devices, and the resulting space between the base of the machine and the foundation is filled with load transfer materials. The most commonly used load transfer materials are hydraulic cement and epoxy grout.
In this blog, we’ll talk about the various factors that determine what type of precision grout you need for a project.
What does precision grout do?
After being placed and hardened in the space between the machine or equipment base and the foundation, the grout is expected to perform one of the following functions:
- Permanently maintain the initial level and level of machinery or equipment and transfer all loads to the foundation when removing shims and other temporary positioning devices.
- Provide lateral support or corrosion protection for shims designed to transfer all loads to the foundation. Some grouts are also required to provide sound deadening and a mechanism to reduce vibration. This can often be achieved by a composite system consisting of elastomeric bearings and a structural adhesive.
The most important requirement of the grout that is intended to transfer the load to the foundation is to have volume change characteristics that lead to complete and permanent filling of the space. Simple grout, consisting of cement, aggregate and water, does not have those characteristics. Several other properties of grout such as consistency, strength, chemical resistance and compatibility with the operating environment are also important.
What factors determine which type of grout you need?
1. The size of the base plate
The size of the base plate determines the usage method:
- Little: Pouring is usually good
- big: It needs pumping
- Lack of access to pour: It needs pumping
This can be impact force such as hammer press, reciprocating machinery or repetitive forces such as crane rails or rail systems. Dynamic forces can cause cracks or fatigue in cementitious grouts. In these cases, use resin-based grout.
T-hose that creates less stress (such as gaps under columns, footings, holes, cavities, general filling operations). These items require cement based grout.
3. Dimensional stability
Grouts must not be collected:
- Cement based grouts must be non-shrinking in the short term (plastic shrinkage) or long term (drying shrinkage).
- Resin-based grouts should not clump during curing.
- Grouts should also have thermal movement properties that are compatible with their surroundings.
4. Resistance to chemicals
The slurry should not react with metal as most bearings and plates are metal. Some slurries may react with the metal and produce corrosion or gases that affect the bond and can cause failure.
Grouts must be resistant to oils, greases and certain solvent chemicals as well as salts when used in marine environments.
Grouts must be resistant to creep (deformation over time) to allow intimate contact between bearing and foundation and effective stress transfer.
Precision grout should last at least 10 years – most resin grouts last longer than cement grouts, especially under dynamic loading conditions. They have a higher upfront cost, but their long life and the fact that they don’t need to be replaced regularly makes them much more cost-effective in the long run.
6. Effective bearing area
6. منطقه تحمل موثر
- Effective bearing area (EBA) is the proportion of slurry in close contact with the bottom surface of the bearing plate.
- The grout should provide at least 90% EBA.
- EBA is affected by poor grout flow, air voids, entrainment of air in the grout, and poor injection operation design.
7. Return to service
Engineers calculate the necessary resistance against initial stresses in the bearing application. Many grouts set quickly, allowing for an earlier return to service, but these grouts often generate heat, which can reduce work time and affect grout integrity, especially in thicker sections.
8. Gap size
A grout must fill the gap under a bearing plate, which may vary due to unevenness of the foundation.
Thin gaps (less than 5 mm) should be avoided because most grouts make it difficult to transfer load on this wafer-thin section.
Some epoxy grouts and structural adhesives are designed for thin sections but require additional considerations.
Most gaps between 15 and 50 mm can be easily grouted by pouring or pumping.
Purchase and price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete restorer, epoxy grout and antifreeze company Shimi Abadgaran
With more than two decades in the field of production of chemical products for the construction industry, Abadgaran Chemical Company, in addition to producing more than a hundred types of construction chemical products, has a history of cooperation in implementation and consulting in large national, personal and corporate projects. Shimi Abadgaran Company has a large share in construction chemical products and has more than fifty production forces and laboratories. These are only a part of the extensive cooperation of chemical growers during these years. To buy and know the price of super lubricant, tile adhesive, rebar planting adhesive, anti-acid mortar, rebar planting adhesive, concrete repairer, epoxy and antifreeze grout and polymer mortars, anti-acid mortar, super lubricant and concrete repairer. , epoxy grout, anti-acid mortar, etc. You can contact Shimi Abadgaran company.